At Palm Beach Sports Clubs, we’ve been working hard on reopening safety procedures that meet or go beyond state and federal guidelines around COVID-19. Our high standards of cleanliness have been raised to new heights as we pushed forward to open on May 22. We will continue to keep you informed of all changes and requirements. For a quick overview of what to expect, watch our video above..
PUSH FORWARD PLAYBOOK AT A GLANCE
WELCOME BACK! TAKE A LOOK AT EVERYTHING WE’RE DOING TO KEEP YOU AND OUR EMPLOYEES HEALTHY, SAFE AND FIT.
- HEALTH CHECKS
Every employee and member will complete a mandatory Daily Health Screening before each club visit to make sure they are symptom-free. All staff and members will get temperature checks upon entering the club before they begin their workout. We will use touch less thermometers and follow all current guidelines
- CLEANING & DISINFECTING TEAM
We will be taking a tech-forward approach to cleaning. All fitness equipment and surfaces will be routinely cleaned at regular intervals by our staff. We will use electrostatic cleaners and disinfectants that cling to every surface. Hand washing is encouraged, and sanitizer pumps are ready for use at cleaning stations throughout the club.
- SOCIAL FITNESSING
As we push forward, we want to create a safe and welcoming space to all members. There will be tape on the floor to remind you to come out strong but keep your distance. Every other machine will be turned off to create safe distances between members. Upon reopening, we will be operating at 50% capacity to allow maximum distance for workouts.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
All staff and members will be required to wear a mask. Certain staff members will be required to wear gloves. Regular hand washing is mandatory for all employees. Members are encouraged to do the same. Let’s all be fit and safe
- WORKOUT ETIQUETTE
Now more than ever, always wipe down equipment after use. Keep a buffer of 6 feet between you and other members
- MODIFIED CLUB HOURS
Monday – Friday: 5am-9pm, Saturday – Sunday: 7am-6pm.
- PLEASE STAND BY
Group classes, babysitting and showers/steam rooms have been reinstated as of June 17. Please check with the front desk for any other service questions you may have.Group classes, babysitting and saunas will be suspended until further notice. Showers will be closed but bathrooms will be open. Please check with the front desk for any other service questions you may have.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Q: Will I have to schedule my workout ahead of time? By appointment?
- A: Outside of personal training, you will not have to schedule your workout, but may not be permitted into the club if the capacity has been reached.
- Q: What should I bring on my first day back?
- A: Depending on the region and state regulations, members may be asked to wear a mask upon entering and exiting and when moving through the gym – when not working out..
- Q: How will you limit the number of people in the facility at one time to comply with social distancing rules?
- A: The clubs will be operating at reduced capacity dependent on the size of each club, and precautions are being taken to keep distances within the clubs, every other machine being turned off and reduced locker availability.
- Q: Will you reopen group or small group exercise with social distancing?
- A: Group exercise classes are now resuming as of June 17. Due to Phase 1 requirements, we will be operating our classes at limited capacities, and ask that you register online as always. Members are required to prepare and clean equipment with provided sanitization materials and will need to follow previously listed guidelines in terms of temperature checks, social distancing and mask usage.
- Q: What changes will occur to prevent people from congregating in certain areas?
- A: Every other machine will be turned off to create safe distances between members.
- Q: How often will staff clean and disinfect machines and surfaces?
- A: All fitness equipment and surfaces will be routinely cleaned at regular intervals by our staff – at a minimum of 4 times per day. We will use electrostatic cleaners and disinfectants that cling to every surface.
- Q: What will be the operating capacity at the opening?
- A: Upon reopening, we will be operating at 50% capacity to allow maximum distance for workouts.
- Q: How will you monitor staff for the virus and enforce staff cleanliness?
- A: Each staff member will be required to complete a Daily Health screening process upon entering the facility. This process includes a body temperature check and questioning regarding COVID-19 related symptoms, recent travel and close contact with someone confirmed positive for COVID-19.
- Q: Will there still be a juice bar? Babysitting services? Saunas?
- A: All amenities are available except for the Juice Bar.